Why do I need an attorney after my car accident?
Hiring a personal injury attorney after you have been injured in a car accident should be one of the first things you do after seeking medical attention. They will help you get full compensation for injuries and damages sustained in the accident, typically much more than if you did everything yourself.
Besides just more money, an attorney means less stress too. They will be able to navigate the process of filing a claim and dealing with insurance companies for you, avoiding minor mistakes that are easy to make and difficult to overcome. An attorney’s professional knowledge of the law and procedure is an invaluable asset.
Insurance companies immediately and aggressively start working against you after you have had an accident and have ample resources to do so. Hiring an attorney helps level the playing field. In such a demanding time as this, when you have been injured and suddenly have a ton of unforeseen things to do, it is important to have someone on your side.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Am I eligible for property damages as a result of my car accident. What damages can I recover?
- Can I get compensation if the accident was partly my fault?
- Do I have to call the police if I’m involved in a car accident?
- How long do I have to file a claim after a car accident?
- How long do I have to file my claim?
- I was in a car crash recently, and the other driver’s insurance adjuster contacted me wanting to talk about the accident. Should I speak to him?
- I was involved in a car accident, what should I do first?
- I was involved in a hit-and-run accident, can I still get compensation?
- I’m facing a lot of bills and other expenses as a result of being in a car accident. What damages can I receive when my case is resolved?
- Is my car accident claim going to be settled, or is it going to court?
- My car accident was relatively minor, and I don’t think my injuries are all that bad, but my wife says I need to see a doctor anyway. Do I need to see a doctor after a car accident?
- Recently, I was in a crash with two other vehicles. How am I supposed to handle the insurance adjusters?
- Should I accept an insurance settlement right away?
- The accident I was injured in happened at the end of 2017. Is it too late to file a claim now?
- The police took down all my information at the crash scene. Do I have to get that report from them?
- What can I expect from my insurance company?
- What kind of coverage does my insurance company offer?
- Why can’t I handle my own car accident claim?
- Why do I need an attorney after my car accident?
Marty fought for me when the insurance company denied my claim. We sued and got the insurance limits.