The police took down all my information at the crash scene. Do I have to get that report from them?
Yes, it is a good idea to get the accident report, referred to as the Kentucky Uniform Police Traffic Collision Report. This report is full of useful information for the Kentucky car accident attorney you hire. It names all parties involved, the time and date of the accident, the location and the property damage caused. These reports detail contributing factors, such as distracted driving, DUI, weather, etc., and list available auto insurance information and citations issued. The investigating officer files the report with the police department, and it then becomes available online or via mail.
If you are not sure where to get a copy of your accident report for you can look it up at https://www.buycrash.com/en.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Am I eligible for property damages as a result of my car accident. What damages can I recover?
- Can I get compensation if the accident was partly my fault?
- Do I have to call the police if I’m involved in a car accident?
- How long do I have to file a claim after a car accident?
- How long do I have to file my claim?
- I was in a car crash recently, and the other driver’s insurance adjuster contacted me wanting to talk about the accident. Should I speak to him?
- I was involved in a car accident, what should I do first?
- I was involved in a hit-and-run accident, can I still get compensation?
- I’m facing a lot of bills and other expenses as a result of being in a car accident. What damages can I receive when my case is resolved?
- Is my car accident claim going to be settled, or is it going to court?
- My car accident was relatively minor, and I don’t think my injuries are all that bad, but my wife says I need to see a doctor anyway. Do I need to see a doctor after a car accident?
- Recently, I was in a crash with two other vehicles. How am I supposed to handle the insurance adjusters?
- Should I accept an insurance settlement right away?
- The accident I was injured in happened at the end of 2017. Is it too late to file a claim now?
- The police took down all my information at the crash scene. Do I have to get that report from them?
- What can I expect from my insurance company?
- What kind of coverage does my insurance company offer?
- Why can’t I handle my own car accident claim?
- Why do I need an attorney after my car accident?
Marty fought for me when the insurance company denied my claim. We sued and got the insurance limits.