The accident I was injured in happened at the end of 2017. Is it too late to file a claim now?
Whether it is too late to file a claim now or not depends on the type of accident you were involved in, and when you discovered your injuries from the accident. For example, some injuries can manifest weeks or months after your accident.
After an accident, accident victims have a period of time open to them to file a personal injury lawsuit. That period is referred to as the statute of limitations. In Kentucky, the general statue for personal injury lawsuits is one year. However, the statute of limitations period for automobile accidents is two years.
If you miss the cut off date to file a claim, you stand the change of losing your legal right to file for damages. This is why it is important for you to talk with an attorney as soon as you can after an accident or when you discover an injury related to the accident.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Am I eligible for property damages as a result of my car accident. What damages can I recover?
- Can I get compensation if the accident was partly my fault?
- Do I have to call the police if I’m involved in a car accident?
- How long do I have to file a claim after a car accident?
- I was in a car crash recently, and the other driver’s insurance adjuster contacted me wanting to talk about the accident. Should I speak to him?
- I was involved in a car accident, what should I do first?
- I was involved in a hit-and-run accident, can I still get compensation?
- I’m facing a lot of bills and other expenses as a result of being in a car accident. What damages can I receive when my case is resolved?
- Is my car accident claim going to be settled, or is it going to court?
- My car accident was relatively minor, and I don’t think my injuries are all that bad, but my wife says I need to see a doctor anyway. Do I need to see a doctor after a car accident?
- Recently, I was in a crash with two other vehicles. How am I supposed to handle the insurance adjusters?
- Should I accept an insurance settlement right away?
- The accident I was injured in happened at the end of 2017. Is it too late to file a claim now?
- The police took down all my information at the crash scene. Do I have to get that report from them?
- What kind of coverage does my insurance company offer?
- Why can’t I handle my own car accident claim?
Marty fought for me when the insurance company denied my claim. We sued and got the insurance limits.