Recently, I was in a crash with two other vehicles. How am I supposed to handle the insurance adjusters?
In reality, it is best if you do not talk to the insurance adjusters on your own. Adjusters only have their employer’s bottom line in mind, not yours. An insurance adjuster is specially trained to minimize your settlement amount to preserve the company’s profits. They do not want to pay out on any claim if it is too big, and the goal is to reduce it or deny it. Never accept a settlement offer from an insurance company without first calling Hessig & Pohl. Our decades of experience have shown us that it is virtually certain the insurance company’s offer is going to be unfair, and you are going to end up filing a lawsuit.
You are under no obligation to talk to insurance adjusters from the other driver’s company, either. However, they are likely to try and get in touch with you soon after the accident. Be aware that if you choose to speak to them, it is likely that the call is going to be recorded, and anything you say will be used against you. Talk to Hessig & Pohl before answering any questions or signing any documents.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Am I eligible for property damages as a result of my car accident. What damages can I recover?
- Can I get compensation if the accident was partly my fault?
- Do I have to call the police if I’m involved in a car accident?
- How long do I have to file a claim after a car accident?
- How long do I have to file my claim?
- I was in a car crash recently, and the other driver’s insurance adjuster contacted me wanting to talk about the accident. Should I speak to him?
- I was involved in a car accident, what should I do first?
- I was involved in a hit-and-run accident, can I still get compensation?
- I’m facing a lot of bills and other expenses as a result of being in a car accident. What damages can I receive when my case is resolved?
- Is my car accident claim going to be settled, or is it going to court?
- My car accident was relatively minor, and I don’t think my injuries are all that bad, but my wife says I need to see a doctor anyway. Do I need to see a doctor after a car accident?
- Recently, I was in a crash with two other vehicles. How am I supposed to handle the insurance adjusters?
- Should I accept an insurance settlement right away?
- The accident I was injured in happened at the end of 2017. Is it too late to file a claim now?
- The police took down all my information at the crash scene. Do I have to get that report from them?
- What can I expect from my insurance company?
- What kind of coverage does my insurance company offer?
- Why can’t I handle my own car accident claim?
- Why do I need an attorney after my car accident?
Marty fought for me when the insurance company denied my claim. We sued and got the insurance limits.