My car accident was relatively minor, and I don’t think my injuries are all that bad, but my wife says I need to see a doctor anyway. Do I need to see a doctor after a car accident?
Yes, it is best if you see a doctor as soon as possible after any car accident that you are involved in –whether you feel the injuries are minor or not.
Seeing a doctor establishes a paper trail documenting your injuries after an accident and provides an assessment of how serious they may be.
Injuries sustained in a car accident, even if they seem minor, could turn out to be serious later. Having a written record of your injuries means it is easier to deal with an insurance company while your attorney negotiates a settlement on your behalf or takes the case to court.
Most importantly, during the time that you are seeing a doctor and are being evaluated for your injuries, do not sign any injury release document from the defendant’s insurance company. Do not provide any taped interviews expressing your opinion of how the accident happened. Your attorney will handle your case so that you can recover.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Am I eligible for property damages as a result of my car accident. What damages can I recover?
- Can I get compensation if the accident was partly my fault?
- Do I have to call the police if I’m involved in a car accident?
- How long do I have to file a claim after a car accident?
- How long do I have to file my claim?
- I was in a car crash recently, and the other driver’s insurance adjuster contacted me wanting to talk about the accident. Should I speak to him?
- I was involved in a car accident, what should I do first?
- I was involved in a hit-and-run accident, can I still get compensation?
- I’m facing a lot of bills and other expenses as a result of being in a car accident. What damages can I receive when my case is resolved?
- Is my car accident claim going to be settled, or is it going to court?
- My car accident was relatively minor, and I don’t think my injuries are all that bad, but my wife says I need to see a doctor anyway. Do I need to see a doctor after a car accident?
- Recently, I was in a crash with two other vehicles. How am I supposed to handle the insurance adjusters?
- Should I accept an insurance settlement right away?
- The accident I was injured in happened at the end of 2017. Is it too late to file a claim now?
- The police took down all my information at the crash scene. Do I have to get that report from them?
- What can I expect from my insurance company?
- What kind of coverage does my insurance company offer?
- Why can’t I handle my own car accident claim?
- Why do I need an attorney after my car accident?
Marty fought for me when the insurance company denied my claim. We sued and got the insurance limits.