I was in a car crash recently, and the other driver’s insurance adjuster contacted me wanting to talk about the accident. Should I speak to him?
No, it is best that you do not speak to an insurance adjuster. Insurance adjusters may want you to make a quick recording or sign a statement about the collision and discuss your injuries. Under no circumstances should you speak to anyone but your Kentucky car accident lawyer.
The insurance adjuster works only for the insurance company, which wants to diminish or dismiss your accident claim with the primary goal of reducing the company’s losses. The best course of action is to not speak to any insurance adjuster.
Hire an experienced car accident attorney and let them deal with the insurance company. If you have a lawyer already, give the adjuster that attorney’s name and contact information. If you do not have a lawyer, Hessig & Pohl stand ready to help you navigate the complexities of an insurance claim. Our decades of experience can help you get the best possible settlement, or if necessary, we can take the case to court.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Am I eligible for property damages as a result of my car accident. What damages can I recover?
- Can I get compensation if the accident was partly my fault?
- Do I have to call the police if I’m involved in a car accident?
- How long do I have to file a claim after a car accident?
- How long do I have to file my claim?
- I was in a car crash recently, and the other driver’s insurance adjuster contacted me wanting to talk about the accident. Should I speak to him?
- I was involved in a car accident, what should I do first?
- I was involved in a hit-and-run accident, can I still get compensation?
- I’m facing a lot of bills and other expenses as a result of being in a car accident. What damages can I receive when my case is resolved?
- Is my car accident claim going to be settled, or is it going to court?
- My car accident was relatively minor, and I don’t think my injuries are all that bad, but my wife says I need to see a doctor anyway. Do I need to see a doctor after a car accident?
- Recently, I was in a crash with two other vehicles. How am I supposed to handle the insurance adjusters?
- Should I accept an insurance settlement right away?
- The accident I was injured in happened at the end of 2017. Is it too late to file a claim now?
- The police took down all my information at the crash scene. Do I have to get that report from them?
- What can I expect from my insurance company?
- What kind of coverage does my insurance company offer?
- Why can’t I handle my own car accident claim?
- Why do I need an attorney after my car accident?
Marty fought for me when the insurance company denied my claim. We sued and got the insurance limits.