I was in a car crash recently, and the other driver’s insurance adjuster contacted me wanting to talk about the accident. Should I speak to him?
No, it is best that you do not speak to an insurance adjuster. Insurance adjusters may want you to make a quick recording or sign a statement about the collision and discuss your injuries. Under no circumstances should you speak to anyone but your Kentucky car accident lawyer.
The insurance adjuster works only for the insurance company, which wants to diminish or dismiss your accident claim with the primary goal of reducing the company’s losses. The best course of action is to not speak to any insurance adjuster.
Hire an experienced car accident attorney and let them deal with the insurance company. If you have a lawyer already, give the adjuster that attorney’s name and contact information. If you do not have a lawyer, Hessig & Pohl stand ready to help you navigate the complexities of an insurance claim. Our decades of experience can help you get the best possible settlement, or if necessary, we can take the case to court.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Do I have to call the police if I’m involved in a car accident?
- How long do I have to file a claim after a car accident?
- I was in a car crash recently, and the other driver’s insurance adjuster contacted me wanting to talk about the accident. Should I speak to him?
- I was involved in a car accident, what should I do first?
- I was involved in a hit-and-run accident, can I still get compensation?
- My car accident was relatively minor, and I don’t think my injuries are all that bad, but my wife says I need to see a doctor anyway. Do I need to see a doctor after a car accident?
- Should I accept an insurance settlement right away?
Marty fought for me when the insurance company denied my claim. We sued and got the insurance limits.