Do I have to call the police if I’m involved in a car accident?
Yes, if you are involved in a car accident, you do have to call the police. First, you need a record of the accident, a traffic accident report. Having a record of the accident is helpful for a successful settlement or court case. Traffic accident reports are used to determine compensation and other benefits you may be eligible for. Calling 911 will also guarantee that you receive all the medical attention you need. Even if the accident was minor and you had minimal injuries, creating a paper trail of your injuries is important.
The information on the Kentucky traffic accident report may indicate the cause of the accident, like DUI or distracted driving. Moreover, it can be used as documentation of the full extent of the damages and your injuries.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Am I eligible for property damages as a result of my car accident. What damages can I recover?
- Can I get compensation if the accident was partly my fault?
- Do I have to call the police if I’m involved in a car accident?
- How long do I have to file a claim after a car accident?
- How long do I have to file my claim?
- I was in a car crash recently, and the other driver’s insurance adjuster contacted me wanting to talk about the accident. Should I speak to him?
- I was involved in a car accident, what should I do first?
- I was involved in a hit-and-run accident, can I still get compensation?
- I’m facing a lot of bills and other expenses as a result of being in a car accident. What damages can I receive when my case is resolved?
- Is my car accident claim going to be settled, or is it going to court?
- My car accident was relatively minor, and I don’t think my injuries are all that bad, but my wife says I need to see a doctor anyway. Do I need to see a doctor after a car accident?
- Recently, I was in a crash with two other vehicles. How am I supposed to handle the insurance adjusters?
- Should I accept an insurance settlement right away?
- The accident I was injured in happened at the end of 2017. Is it too late to file a claim now?
- The police took down all my information at the crash scene. Do I have to get that report from them?
- What can I expect from my insurance company?
- What kind of coverage does my insurance company offer?
- Why can’t I handle my own car accident claim?
- Why do I need an attorney after my car accident?
Marty fought for me when the insurance company denied my claim. We sued and got the insurance limits.