Am I eligible for property damages as a result of my car accident. What damages can I recover?
You may be able to obtain compensation for any related repairs to your vehicle from the at-fault party’s insurance. In many cases, you may also be able to choose the repair shop and the parts used.
However, be aware that the at-fault driver’s insurance company is going to get an estimate of the cost of repairing your vehicle, as well. Thus, it is best to also get estimates for the repairs. Most estimates are free, and if the estimate happens to be more than the cost of your car before the accident, you may be able to recover the pre-accident value of the vehicle, the sales taxes and the fees associated with buying a similar car.
Other Car Accident FAQs:
- Am I eligible for property damages as a result of my car accident. What damages can I recover?
- Can I get compensation if the accident was partly my fault?
- Do I have to call the police if I’m involved in a car accident?
- How long do I have to file a claim after a car accident?
- I was in a car crash recently, and the other driver’s insurance adjuster contacted me wanting to talk about the accident. Should I speak to him?
- I was involved in a car accident, what should I do first?
- I was involved in a hit-and-run accident, can I still get compensation?
- I’m facing a lot of bills and other expenses as a result of being in a car accident. What damages can I receive when my case is resolved?
- Is my car accident claim going to be settled, or is it going to court?
- My car accident was relatively minor, and I don’t think my injuries are all that bad, but my wife says I need to see a doctor anyway. Do I need to see a doctor after a car accident?
- Recently, I was in a crash with two other vehicles. How am I supposed to handle the insurance adjusters?
- Should I accept an insurance settlement right away?
- The accident I was injured in happened at the end of 2017. Is it too late to file a claim now?
- The police took down all my information at the crash scene. Do I have to get that report from them?
- What kind of coverage does my insurance company offer?
- Why can’t I handle my own car accident claim?
Marty fought for me when the insurance company denied my claim. We sued and got the insurance limits.