Do I need a lawyer if I’ve been injured in an Uber or Lyft vehicle?
The smart decision is to hire a lawyer with experience in handling these kinds of cases. The lawyers at Hessig & Pohl have successfully handled many accidents that have involved Uber and Lyft vehicles. We will immediately begin to do whatever is necessary to bring your case to a successful conclusion and to get you the fair compensation that you deserve. There are many things that we will do to fight against Uber/Lyft and its insurance company. Here are just a few of the things that the staff and attorneys at Hessig & Pohl will do to make an Uber or Lyft crash case a success:
- Take detailed photographs and measurements at the scene of the crash, noting the lengths of any skid marks and locations of the vehicles. This information is useful in determining and proving who was at fault. If necessary, we will hire an accident reconstruction expert who will use all of this evidence to place blame where blame is due.
- Collect and maintain any evidence at the scene of the accident that might be relevant and make sure to ensure the “chain of custody” of the evidence is secure so that it can be used in court without claims of evidence tampering. Some types of physical evidence could be pieces of the various vehicles involved as well as dash camera footage.
- Immediately track down all witnesses and parties to the crash and get their recorded statements. This is extremely important because over time people’s memories fade and become less useful and less reliable. Sometimes, trials in ride-sharing accident cases take place years after the date of the crash. So, these recorded and transcribed statements are useful to refresh witnesses’ memories.
- Acquire the police accident investigation report and any documentation, photos or measurements taken by the police while investigating the crash. Again, this information can be used by the accident reconstruction expert.
- Obtain records on any other accidents that the Uber or Lyft driver has caused. Further, we would obtain information and documentation from Uber or Lyft itself about anything relevant in the driver’s file.
- Most modern vehicles have what is called the “black box” just like airplanes. A vehicle’s black box records real-time data about the vehicle such as distance, speed, braking and what the driver is doing right before a crash. This information can be helpful in recreating the cause of the accident.
Uber and Lyft automobile crashes can be complicated litigation. Many questions and issues can arise as to who is at fault and what types of insurance will be available to compensate you for your injuries. You can bet that the Uber or Lyft automobile insurance companies will have a small army of adjusters, investigators and lawyers working overtime to make sure they pay as little as possible to compensate you for your injuries. The best decision to make is to ensure that you have your own team to aggressively fight for your rights and for fair compensation for your pain and suffering. Contact an experienced Uber and Lyft accident lawyer who can provide answers to all of your questions and to help you through this difficult time.
If you have been injured in a car accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle, the lawyers at Hessig & Pohl will be able to help you. Schedule a free, no obligation consultation today to review your claim and discuss your legal options. No upfront payment is required and you only pay us if we recover compensation for you. Please contact us here or at (502) 777-1111.
Other Frequently Asked Questions:
- Can I sue Uber/Lyft for a car accident involving one of their drivers?
- Do I need a lawyer if I’ve been injured in an Uber or Lyft vehicle?
- I read that there are actually some exceptions to the no-fault system? What are they?
- I was involved in an accident with an Uber driver and my insurance company said I have no-fault insurance. What does that mean?
- My neighbor was recently in an accident with an Uber driver and his attorney talked to him about Kentucky’s pure comparative statute. What does that mean?
- My son was involved in a minor car accident with an Uber driver. Do I really need to hire an Uber accident lawyer?
- What do I do if I’m in a car accident with an Uber or Lyft vehicle?
- What if my Uber/Lyft driver is at fault in the car crash?